Cold Smoothing: The New Alternative to Thermal Reconditioning?

Posted by naharazizi on Saturday, October 15, 2011



I have great news for any woman who has ever thought about getting thermal reconditioning permanent straightening treatment done, but did not want to have stick-straight hair all the time. Now you can have your cake and eat it too cold smoothing! I just got mine done, and I am so excited I can barely even a kind word and ...

That's right, I just got a cold-smoothing treatment done, for the first time in my mid-back long hair (it's pretty
long, and always has been, which makes for a more expensive hair services.) Treatment cost a total of $ 300, where I went to get it done here in Ohio where I live. It is only 2 hours, compared to six hours of thermal reconditioning used to be.

I had gotten the Japanese straightening done twice a year ago, but when it grew out, I was very pleased with the results, with one drawback. I missed that bounced curly waves, or even just the hair that has some body and volume to it.

However, because of the very nature of my frizzy hair, I could never wear a "full" with waves and curls, which had always
was frizz for me. It all seems to have changed now. With this cold smoothing service, my hair is shiny, bouncy, and yes, it actually keeps the rotor - and it keeps the whole day. My hair looks healthy and has a volume, and yet I noticed that, as promised, cold straightening took about 85% of frizz, which is used to monitor curls.

Cold Smoothing: Process

OK, I'll tell you my cold start smoothing the experience to end, it will not take too long, because the procedure only
is about two hours in its entirety. Cold is the leveling hair relaxing and de-frizzing solution that was created
professionals in the Matrix hair products. There is no heat involved in treatment, unless they decide to restore the heat treatment, which in this case includes a high-heat treatment of the flat irons and lamps, and then also have bone straight hair. Cold smoothing, on the other hand, just as the name implies. There is no heat involved in the process, except for the last part where they run a flat iron through your hair short, sealing the hair cuticle.

First, my hair is washed with a special shampoo, then my head brushed with a chemical solution - the active ingredient in a process that helps you relax and de-frizz hair relaxing connection between the hair permanently, or at least until grows out. The solution is very thick, creamy non-drip off my head. I just sat with the head of this solution for about 20 minutes.

My stylist said that she no longer wants to process the hair because the color and light, and if it goes too strong or too long, it could fry the hair. After I sat down with the cream on his head, I have "neutralized". It reminds me a lot of perm process, but only without the rollers in her hair. And that's it, I was done. Just a quick once with a special flat iron to seal the cuticle, and I was off with her new do.

immediately after the Cold Smoothing Treatment: "skull cap Effect"

Now, one thing I have to say I did not like was that I could not shampoo my hair for 48 to 72 hours after treatment, otherwise I have to cancel the whole thing, so I basically was what you call a "skull cap effect". Due to the relaxing nature of the treatment, your hair at the root has greatly softened,
giving you virtually zero root lift. This leads to the ultra-limp hair that seems to hold the head. But, first wash your hair care to all.

All I did was wash and blow up half dry, add a light product, and voila, I had a pretty, curly, frizz free and shiny hair that bounces all over the place.

How long does the cold last Smoothing?

I asked my stylist this question, to which she replied, "It depends on the person." Treatment may last from 4 months to 8 months depending on the rate at which the individual hair grows. It is advised that treatment should be repeated after about two inches of growth, so for me it just might be the 4 months mark, since my hair tends to grow like wildfire.

my final review of the Cold Smoothing

If I had to grade how much I like it and would recommend a cold straightening process for every hair that is looking
for smooth hair, but it does not want to totally straight, I would give "10". If versatility without curls is what you are looking to treat your hair, then this is probably your best bet.